Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Power of a Good Meeting

In my few short days of sobriety I've quickly learned one VERY IMPORTANT thing... the power of a good meeting is like nothing I've ever experienced!!

Today started off great and quickly became a horrible, stressful, crap shoot!

I didn't want to deal with anyone or anything, just wanted to turn on my TV and get some sleep.

Went to have a quick smoke before sinking into a TV coma, and CRAP I was out of cigarettes!
Soooo...I got in the car and went to the corner store. On the way back I found myself sitting at a traffic light and out of nowhere I just started crying (for the record I'm not yet a big fan of the plethora of emotions that come with sobriety).

The light turned green, and next thing I knew my car had steered its way on over to a meeting. Now I thought the meeting had started at 8:00, I would have been late so decided not to go earlier. Turns out when I pulled in at 8:29 and looked at a schedule it started at 8:30.

DAMN YOU HIGHER POWER and your sneakiness! ha-ha

It was a GREAT meeting... one that I was clearly put at for a reason. The meeting ended at 9:30, and just got home now at 11:45. I sat outside and talked to people for 2 hours after the meeting!!

Crazy part is I feel like a new person. It boggles my mind!

Not sure how, or why it works... but I keep coming back. Apparently it works if you work it.

I'm an alcoholic...

3 comments:

  1. ::goosebumps::

    :-D

    ♥namaste♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. That is how it works. Keep coming back. It gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool - those miracles are every where if we take our bodies to the places where our higher power is, and not where the power of alcohol is...

    ReplyDelete

LOVE to hear your comments...